[lv003/2010] Spacebirds - Dreamscape
LASER VISA LABEL PRESENT
Run time 56:41
Label Code: [LV003/2010]
Title: DREAMSCAPE (Spacebirds-II)
All tracks composed, created and performed by Spacebirds.
Sound Produced by Evgenij V. Kharitonov (EugeneKha)
Recorded: July-August 2010 at White Art Studio.All tracks are created and arranged on Arturia synthesizers.
2010 [c] Spacebirds
2010 [c] Evgenij V. Kharitonov / EugeneKha (Produced)
2010 [c] Laser Visa Published
Label: Laser Visa
Title: Dreamscape (Spacebirds-II)
Style: Spacepop,Spacesynth, Disco, Electroclash, Space Trance
Quality: MP3, 320 kbps, 44Hz, Stereo
Total time 56:41
Release date: 2010-09-12
1. Intro (1:42)
2. Dreamscape (4:03)
3. Space Chase (3:58)
4. Interlide (0:56)
5. Traces On The Moon (5:14)
6. Transpluton (3:53)
7. Mysterium (7:30)
8. Starfighters and Spacebirds (4:02)
9. Interlude # 2 (1:04)
10. Fantastic Voyage (4:04)
11. Back To The Space (4:00)
12. Interlude # 3 (1:15)
13. Attraction Of The Black Chasm (5:24)
14. Echo Of Strange Organ (3:51)
15. Space Calm (Short Mix) (5:45)
ARTIST INFO :
SPACEBIRDS - A Spacesynth / Nu-Syntdance / Disco / Trance & Electronic Dance Music project from Russia created in 2010 by musician and poet/ visual artist Evgenij V. Kharitonov (EugeneKha, Nameless Dancers, Microbit Project, Yoko Absorbing).
Was born in 1969 in Moscow. Has got philological education, the author of numerous literary publications and many books, works in journalism. The publisher and the editor of magazine of literary and art avant-guard "Drugoe Polusharie/Another Hemisphere", audio-magazine of sound poetry and audio art "ARTronic Poetry", the curator of Festival of experimental art "Lapa Azora".
In music is engaged from the middle 1980. In first half 80 was DJ and the dancer in the Moscow Disko-theatre "Columb", since 1987 played different rock groups as the guitarist, the vocalist and the author of songs. In the late nineties seriously was engaged sound poetry and audio-art. Acts with performances, has let out many audio-albums as sound poet, it was published in sound poetry magazines. The participant of many vanguard festivals and live performances.
In 2000 has taken a great interest in electronic music, without adhering to any one direction.
Kharitonov's Anothers Music Solo Projects :
- Evgenij V. Kharitonov - Sound Poetry, Audio Art, Glitch Art, Avant-garde music, Video Art.
- EUGENEKHA (with 2006) - basic project, which is focused on creation Ambience and Intelligent Chilling music: Ambient, Neo-Symphonic, Dark Ambient, Drone, Drone, World Music, Melodic Psychedelic, Trip-Hop, Synth-Pop, Chillout, Jazz and sometimes House and Synth-Pop (with Jam and solo).
- MICROBIT PROJECT (with 2008) - Under this name he writes down various experimental and radical music: Industrial, Techno-Punk, Hardcore, Noise, Techno, Acid, Drone, Indie Pop, Low-Bit.
- NAMELESS DANCERS (with 2009) which is focused exclusively on a Lounge, Jazz and Chilling music.
As in cooperation with the musician and artist Mikhail Lezin in 2008 has organised a duet of avant-garde rock-music (concrete, progressive rock, free jazz, Pop Noise, abstract) "YOKO ABSORBING"
Except own musical and literary projects Evgenij V. Kharitonov is the operator of three net-labels - Microbit Records, 45RPM-Records and Another Hemisphere Records
LASER VISA INFO
LASER VISA - independent and noncommercial network label entering into publishing group 45RPM-Records.
Our main focus is on the genres known as Spacesynth, Disco /Nu-Disco(all!), Italo Disco, Synth-Pop, Synthdance, Old School Electro which was popular in Europe during the 80-90's. Optimal BPM 120-125.
We accept to consideration only COMPLETED WORK. It should include the following:
1) mp3 files with bitrate 320 kbps; should be necessarily registered TAGS (the author, the composition name, the album name);
2) Images for front & back cover 1600x1600 px; Images should not contain inscriptions - we independently prepare covers for releases according to uniform stylistics.
3) Text-info with a brief information about artist, track-list and the contact information.
Contact for demo: lautpoesie [c] yandex.ru
The most closely related recording in the last few weeks has been an album from Moscow's Spacebirds, one of the countless side-projects operated by Evgenii Kharitonov (aka Eugene Kha). The tracks were all recorded on Arturia synthesizers, in other words on tools of French origin - and it was precisely French spacepop that had a great influence in Russia, following Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxygène" in 1976. While cynicism exploded in music of the UK, mid-70s continental offerings preferred the grand or orchestral leanings of Jarre and other operatic Frenchmen. Themes of space and galactic grandeur prevailed over the social critique echoing from British radios.
Spacebirds' new "Dreamscape" album is replete with some loud sci-fi cover art (above), showing a spaceship "going boldly where no man has gone before." The destination on display, though, is a huge ball of fire - maybe not the wisest stopping-point. Hyperbolic narratives, however, have no time for such mundane concerns...
(David McFadyen // Far From Moscow. – 2010. 25 September)